The Kaba system consists of a sensor barrier with automatic swing panels. The unit features an integrated boarding pass reader and a display for passenger information. The sensor system provides single-file access for passengers with space allowance for carry-on luggage.
- Prevents misuse of boarding passes (for instance double use). 2D-barcode can be scanned from boarding passes, printed by airlines or from self-service kiosks, personal printers and smart phones
- Provides airlines with the whereabouts of the passenger via scanned boarding passes. The information can be used to decide whether luggage should be taken off the aircraft (delayed passengers)
- Provides passengers with updated messages, for instance gate change information
- Manages First / business class, VIPs and airline staff separately, reducing wait times
- Improves passenger flow
- Provides operators with detailed reporting on passage, tailgating or attempt of passage in the wrong direction