- Available for mortise or tubular latch applications
- Suitable for small to very large scale properties
- Easily replaces existing mechanical or electronic door locks
- Works with third-party mortise lock case and door hardware
- Access control for resident, common areas, and back-of-house doors
This unique locking solution combines contactless RFID technology with a sleek, minimalist design to create an ultra-modern, versatile lock. Confidant works with both ILCO and Saflok access control systems, including RezShield™, System 6000™, and Messenger Lens™. The lock is available with an ANSI lock case configuration (North America). Future functionality includes operation with the Kaba mobile key system as either Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) ready or enabled.
Confidant locks are suitable for small to very large properties and easily replace existing mechanical or electronic door locks. Locking device options include mortise, tubular latch, and exit device. Providing access control for individual units, common areas, and back-of-house access points, Confidant RFID locks enhance residents’ convenience and improve operational efficiencies. In addition, the locks have auditing capabilities for enhanced staff monitoring and user accountability.
- Vandalism and attack resistant
- Improved tamper resistance; tamper alarm is reset by emergency key or Kaba handheld programming device
- Emergency access: emergency keycard and electronic override
- Outside Housing: Zinc cast alloy construction with steel mounting plate/field reversible levers. Ergonomic RFID reader with target to guide user. LEDs for visual feedback. Panel that conceals lock batteries (three alkaline AA type) and programming interface.
- Inside Housing: Stainless steel trim with a steel mounting plate construction. Field reversible levers (only short return levers). Privacy turn knob (optional).
- Levers: Available in short or long return designs. Outside lever free to rotate upward and downward in locked mode.
- Batteries: Three AA batteries for up to 50,000 openings or up to three years
- Standard Finishes: Satin chrome and satin brass
- Deadbolt: 1" (25 mm) (for ASM mortise), projected by inside thumbturn and retracted with the latch by the interior handle, emergency override or specific staff keycards. Optional auto deadbolt available.
- Toggle Option: The lock remains in residence mode (unlocked) until it is secured by rotating the thumbturn on the inside trim or until the resident presents the credential to the reader when leaving the unit.
- Door Thickness: From 1 3/8" to 2 ½" (35mm to 66mm)
- Standard Backset: 2 ¾" (70mm) mortise and tubular. 2 3/8" (80mm) tubular latch only.
- Locking Options: ANSI lock case with 1 ¼" or 1" lock front mortise. Optional automatic deadbolt.
- Online Configurations Saflok Messenger Ready and Messenger Online
Mobile Key Options (BLE)
- BLE Ready: Upgradable to BLE with installation of BLE module
- BLE Enabled: End cap with BLE module included, no further upgrades necessary
Certifications and Testing
- Accessibility Standard: ADA compliant levers (Code of Federal Regulations 28 CFR Part 36 – 1994 "ADA Standards for Accessible Design”). Compliant with turn knob adaptor
- Fire Rating: Meets UL 10C and ULC S-104, on fire door rated up to and including 3 hours with ANSI lock case (ASM mortise) and 20 minutes with tubular latch. Version with online Messenger/Mobile key option (BLE) to be listed for 1 hour only (pending) with ANSI lock case (ASM mortise).
- Electronics: Compliant IEC 61000-4, FCC Part 15 and Industry Canada RSS-210. CE R&TTE Directive 1999/EC
- Batteries last up to 50,000 openings or up to 3 years
- Low battery indicator alerts staff
- Audit trail is retained during battery replacement and lock programming
- Wear resistant construction and finish